Tuesday 21 July 2015

Finishes & Gifts

With the binding done, quilt washed and given to the Birthday girl, another quilt done.
Here is the end product! 

Quilt made using "Oh Deer" fabric range from Moda. 
Enjoyed doing the herring bone block. First time using this block.
This was an old technic used by the vikings in there weaving, as this was going to an reanactment friend it was really appropriate.

I would like to say a big thank you to Cheryll from Gone Stitchen for my lovely prize as the winner of FnWF. 

Off for a walk with the kids before they head back to school tomorrow.
Hugs Sandra

3 comments:

Maria said...

I did see your friend loved her beautiful quilt.. What's next?

sunny said...

I like that pattern. At first, I thought it was a braid, but it's not. Congrats on your win!!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely colours........I don't think to use such a dark border..........but it looks great.......